Where We Meet
We meet monthly in friendly neighborhood venues or at destinations we choose out of common interest. We start off the fall with meetings in September through November, have a Holiday Party. Have meetings in January through March and end the RNN year in May with a Garden Party. In April we meet to plan and deal with important issues for the next year.
At Meetings, We Make Time To:
Meet new friends, catch up with those we already know and often learn new information through interesting presentations.
Enjoy Our Time Together In Interest Groups Such As:
- Active Outings - This group meets for a variety of more active fun. Outings could include hiking, kayaking, racquet sports, skiing or snowshoeing...Members are becoming involved with the Reading Pickleball group.
- Film / Arts - Members arrange monthly outings to experience films, plays, music, museums, or great cuisine.
- Lunch Bunch -A group to provide opportunity for those who enjoy exploring new cuisines and fun places to eat.
- Hot Topics - Meets monthly in small groups (10-15) to socialize & feed one’s intellectual curiosity about an selected subject of concern or interest to the group.
- Koffee Klatch - Our group meets monthly at a local cafe for friendship, food and fun.
- Meditation - Members meet twice a month to explore techniques from a variety of traditions. Meditation employs breath awareness, concentration, visualizations, sensory (body) awareness, mantra and loving- kindness to lower stress levels and benefit both physical and mental health.
- Men's Billiards - This group meets twice a month to play pool with refreshments.
- Travel - Members plan trips monthly based on the interests of the group. Adventures may be half day, full day or longer.
- Women's Billiards- This group meets once a month to play pool and/or ping pong with refreshments.
- Pop-Ups - Members with a last minute idea to gather, for example a picnic in the park.